The following is a selected subset of my publications sorted according to their fields. A more complete list can be found here.
Image Recognition / Visual Search
- V. Chandrasekhar, G. Takacs, D. Chen, S. Tsai, Y. Reznik, R. Grzeszczuk, and B. Girod, "Compressed Histogram of Gradients: a Low-bitrate Descriptor", International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 94, pp. 1-16, 2011. (pdf)
Perceptual Video Processing
- L. Kerofsky, R. Vanam, and Y. Reznik, "Improved Adaptive Video Delivery System Using a Perceptual Pre-processing Filter," Proc. Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP), Atlanta, GA, Dec 3-5, 2014. (pdf, link)
- G. Conklin, G. Greenbaum, K. Lillevold, A. Lippman, and Y. Reznik,
"Video Coding for Streaming Media Delivery on the Internet,"
IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technology, 2001, 11 (3), pp. 20-34. (link)
- M. Karczewicz, P. Chen, R. Joshi, X. Wang, W. Chien, R. Panchal, M. Coban, I. Chong, and Y. Reznik, "A Hybrid Video Codec Based on Extended Block Sizes, Recursive Integer Transforms, Improved Interpolation, and Flexible Motion Representation," Proc. Electronic Imaging, Jan. 2011. (pdf)
- T. Liebchen, T. Moriya, N. Harada, Y. Kamamoto, and Y. Reznik, "The MPEG-4 Audio Lossless Coding (ALS) Standard — Technology and Applications", Proc. 119th AES Convention, New York, October 7-10, 2005. (pdf)
Signal Processing / Transforms
- R. Chivukula and Y. Reznik, "Fast Computing of Discrete Cosine and Sine Transforms of Types VI and VII," Proc. SPIE Vol. 8135, 2011. (pdf)
- R. Chivukula, and Y. Reznik, "Efficient Implementation of a Class of MDCT/IMDCT Filterbanks for Speech and Audio Coding Applications,"
Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, (ICASSP'08), pp. 213-216, 2008.
Signal Processing / Finite-Precision Arithmetics
- Y. Reznik, A. Hinds, and J. Mitchell, "Improved Precision of Fixed-Point Algorithms by Means of Common Factors", Proc. Int. Conf. Image Processing (ICIP'08), pp.2344-2347, 2008. (pdf)
- M. Drmota, Y. Reznik, and W. Szpankowski,
"Tunstall Code, Khodak Variations, and Random Walks",
IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 2928--2937,
- Y. Reznik, and W. Szpankowski, "On the Average Redundancy Rate of the Lempel-Ziv Code with the K-Error Protocol",
Information Sciences, 2001, 135, pp. 57--70. (link)
Analysis of Digital Trees
- Y. Reznik, "Some Results on Tries with Adaptive Branching", Theoretical Computer Science, 2002, 289 (2), pp.1009-1026. (link)
- Y. Reznik, "On the Average Depth of Asymmetric LC-tries", Information Processing Letters, 2005, 96 (3), pp.106-113. (pdf)
- Y. Reznik, "On the Average Density and Selectivity of Nodes in Multi-Digit Tries", Proc. SIAM Workshop on Analytic Algorithmics and Combinatorics, Vancouver, Canada, 2005, pp. 58-69. (pdf)